Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ramping it up, in more ways than one

Route: Ringwood East to Sassafras return (inc. 1 in 20)
Distance: 32km
1 in 20 time: 20m24s

So I went to the physio again today. He said that it was a little strange that my knee was still sore, and proceeded to try and loosten it up. He suggested that I take a course of anti-inflamatories and return next week for another session, including a proper bike set up. I told him of my make-shift PattStrap which he seemed unimpressed with saying 'it is a temporary measure. It will not fix the underlying cause of the pain'. Oh well, it's helping me ride so it can't be all bad.

After the appointment I grabbed my bike out of the car and headed out to The Basin for some 1 in 20 smashing. I was really keen to beat my previous best time up the 6.75km course (22m30s) and if possible to beat 20 minutes. I started out really hard (probably too hard) and fell back to a regular pace quite quickly but for the rest of the climb I pushed myself, keen to finish inside 20 minutes. I reached the top fairly exhausted, in 20m24s. Damn it! Oh well, something to work on and not bad considering how little riding I have been doing lately.

The descent was awesome and made the climb worth while, but some rain on the way home was more than a little annoying. In good news, no ITB pain again today and so tomorrow with the bro we will see how I go with 40km.

38 days to go.

No comments: