Friday, September 12, 2008

Ambitious

Route: Eltham to Kinglake return (inc. Kinglake climb)
Distance: 68km
Kinglake climb time: 26m45s

So much for building the kays up slowly. The bro and I decided to throw caution to the wind today and head up to Kinglake for a bit more hill climbing and good scenery. It was an awesome ride but I was a little slow up the 6.8km climb after yesterday's effort at the 1 in 20. Despite the climbing and the increase in distance my knee was fine again today. The only downside was that the tightness of the bandage was restricting my quad a little bit and it felt as if lactic acid was building up more quickly in that leg than the other one. Oh well, we can't have it all can we?

The bro and I are looking forward to our week-long family holiday in Bateman's Bay in a few weeks time. We are going to take the bikes along and get some kays under our belts, including a possible attempt at Clyde Mountain up the Kings Highway. I just have to remember to keep up the stretches and exercises to try to fix this problem rather than avoiding it with straps and bandages.

37 days to go.

No comments: